A Daily Chance to Believe

An offering of truth to those who are searching.

July 05, 2005

Excuses

When I was a boy I could figure out a million reasons not to do things I disliked. I always knew that I would have to do the thing I was avoiding eventually but I still avoided it. It amazes me how many people come up with amazing reasons not to deal with Jesus. He calls you every day. He asks for you to simple put your faith in what he has already done for you.

What is your excuse today? Why will you not honestly consider what Jesus offers you? Whatever objection comes to mind, it is an excuse. At the core of out being we all know that there is a God and that he interacts with us. The universe constantly reminds us that we are not in control but we choose to ignore the one who is.

Here are some excuses that I often hear.

Christians are such hypocrites - It is true that Christians have and will fail in their walk of faith. Do you want to be blamed for your children's mistakes. Should I hate you if your child lies, cheats, or steals? It is an excuse to reject you if I judge you by someone else's actions.

All I need is to be good or sincere - This is a great lie. Jesus is the only path to God. I know that sounds arrogant and exclusive but I did not make it up. The truth is exclusive by its very nature because it excludes all lies. You can be sincere and be sincerely wrong.

What about all the people who never hear about Jesus - My first response to this excuse is that it is illogical. If you are bleeding to death and I offer a compression bandage, are you going to try and get me to deal with all the other wounded first. Perhaps you are the one who is supposed to tell some of those who have yet to hear. My second answer, more substantive is that God obligates himself to reveal himself to those who seek him with all their heart.

There are many more excuses for not coming to Christ but they are all just putting off the inevitable. You will sooner of later have to deal with Jesus. Doing in now by accepting by faith his death for your salvation is the way that holds promise and hope. Dealing with him after you have spent your life rejecting him is perilous. If you need help in how to deal with Jesus, read some of the previous posts or contact me.

Wishing you joy in the Journey,

Aramis Thorn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home